Every positive or negative action done you always expect responses right, left and center. When you figure out about your tone and dressing expect compliments too. The confusion that revolves around the skin undertone is that many of us go by what their skin colour is but this can really change due to many external factors. For example, medication could make you turn red, and going out to the sun will cause your skin to change its colour. What you need to focus on is your skin undertone since it is what seeps through and ends up determining your skin tone.
I am going to give you two methods, which will help you zero-in on your skin undertone:
- Make sure you wash your face off from any moisturizer, any dirt and oil and make sure it is nice and clean. Then grab a piece of paper and step outside into natural light you can ask a friend or whoever is close to you to take a picture of you or hold up a mirror and see what colours kind of reflect on the white paper. You will instantly be able to see some type of shade.
- If you start seeing more of an olive yellow brownish type of tones, this means you have a warm skin tone.
- If you see more pink, red or blue type of tones, this means you have a cool skin tone.
- If you see more of a grey or ash just can’t really determine between the two chances are your undertone is neutral.
- Try the watch testers. Where you grab two watches or any jewellery that is gold and silver again go out to natural lighting and put them against your skin and check which one look best against you, which one really gives you that vibrant pop,
- If it is gold, you have a warm undertone.
- If it is silver, you have a cool undertone.
- If you can’t decide and both just look good on you, you are neutral.
Check out on my next article to learn more on how to dress your skin tone.